Kentish KT

A Canadian living on the Isle of Thanet explores Thanet, Kent and beyond with DB and J-Rock.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fish Pies!


We had a delicious Fisherman's Pie last night which was made from the Delia Smith's Complete Illustrated Cookery Course. I'd reproduce here but don't want Delia to get me for copyright infringement! All I can say is get the book from the library and try it out.

Picture above is where the fish for the pie came from...Ramsgate Harbour - the harbour is actually a Royal Harbour which means that - In 1820, King George IV embarked, with the Royal Squadron, at Ramsgate on his way to Hanover. In appreciation of the hospitality he received, he decreed that Ramsgate Harbour should have the right to add ‘Royal’ to its name. This status of Royal Harbour is unique in mainland Britain.

Tomorrow we are off to the British Birdwatching Fair, staying in Thurlby, and have hired a car -a sporty Citroen C4 that has a dashboard full of digital stuff - even the gas (petrol) level. Citroen is the company that does the transformer like commercials.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary deB said...

cool car commercial! Don't get carried away while driving!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, lovely postings (three I have to catch up). The rainy day got me thinking about berries -- and baking with apples and blackberries (which we now have courtesy of our farmer friend Tom) -- couldn't find an apple-blackb. pie recipe, but found a good cake one! And more on food - fish pie! will have to check it out. (I have an excellent recipe for a pate au saumon from my mother-in-law, can forward to the clan at later date!!) Glad to see J-Rock so enthusiastically employed: I wish I had had the pic BEFORE I took the boys blueberry picking today: some serious malingering from the younger feller. Travel on! Happy moff and moth catching! M on the M

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home