Kentish KT

A Canadian living on the Isle of Thanet explores Thanet, Kent and beyond with DB and J-Rock.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ethnicity

One thing I have noticed about being here and not Canada and probably more so Toronto, is the lack of ethnicity. I mean after settling in for the past few months I can probably count on my fingers the number of people with racial characteristics different than my own...You kinda start to notice it after a while and miss it! Case in point. We have a Bar Mitzvah coming up in our family (a Jewish coming of age - 13 years). So I just thought I would get a nice card because, as I have written before, the Brits are a little card crazy. You can go to the card shop and get a card for every year up to 25 at last count! Anyhow, I thought I would need a good amount of time to spend in the shop trying to CHOOSE! hahahahah. No Bar M, never mind Bat M, never mind Rosh Hashanah , never mind Yom Kippur...nada.

So I posted a photo of some Anglo-Saxon Anchors and Cannons!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting - however this must reflect your neck of the woods - must be some Bar M. cards in London no?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Mary deB said...

Yup, it's the home of the WASP, after all. Just wait till Christmas!

10:13 PM  
Blogger KT said...

>must be some Bar M. cards in London no?
Well, yes but that entails a 2 hour approx. £23 cost to get there. I might make the journey before the day but will see. I went to Canterbury but nothing which I thought was odd.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can send you some we have lots here!!!

Thing 1

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home