Kentish KT

A Canadian living on the Isle of Thanet explores Thanet, Kent and beyond with DB and J-Rock.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Canadian Connection (and Work is Good to Me)

Before I left to come over here (DB is doing a 6 month sabbatical in England) my work very generously provided me with some going away gifts that I have found to be very useful in my travels around and about. First off, I received a key ring with compass attached that is handy for the old bike keys. I also was provided with a bag which I find very useful for my lunch and pound coins! Finally, I received a Tea Towel, which as everyone knows is extremely useful when it comes to dirty tea cups! So there I have it. I also received a flag which I did not bring over as I am sure it would have been confiscated or broken en route. The foody bit to this posting is that scones and cream and jam were on the party menu. And, I have not had better scones since! Honest. So it just goes to show that Canadians can sometimes out do the Brits!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary deB said...

You must go to Cornwall for scones and cream. And ice cream!

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you enter a baking fair? Sadie is entering the Mutt Contest at the Picton Fair this weekend. But some time I MUST follow the lead of the famous KT and put in some baking... Happy eating! Happy start to school, J-rock! (and happy 45th DB!!)

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home